Quips and Quotes
"We do not earn or merit anything by taking refuge in God. Hiding in something makes no contribution to the hiding place. All it does is show that we regard ourselves as helpless and the hiding place as a place of rescue." John Piper

Friday, September 17, 2010

Grand Opening!

 
Several months ago I posted about a shop called Paris Flea Market. Today, for good reason I'm letting you know about a sister shop called A Room With a Past. I am happy to announce that I have set up shop there. I am just one of about 33 consignors. The offerings there include shabby chic, vintage cottage, and French country style furniture and accessories.
The store is only open four days each month. This month you can visit there from September 16th through the 19th (Thursday through Sunday). That means the store is open now! I'll be there tomorrow morning and early afternoon for my "shift" while the store is open.

Below are a few photos of my little space there. Come visit if you can!

I found the ballet pics at the top of the photo at a thrift shop - half price!
Some vintage baby face dolls and Paddington Bear.
A neighbor sold me these Raggedy dolls. They must be about 40-50 years old. I cleaned up the happy little couple, patched a few holes and sewed on some buttons. They're as good as vintage can get.
This piece started out as a very countrified little cabinet- an 80s look - not what I wanted. But some new medallions, some sanding, painting, and more sanding fitted it well for a shabby chic look.
A larger cabinet, a bride doll, a bird cage and lots more items welcome you into my little shop within a shop. Hope to see you there!
Photobucket  

1 Comment:

"Chone" said...

Yay!! Congratulations, Sharon!! Oh I'm missing the mainland right now. I wish I could frolic through A Room with a Past and purchase some of your things! Hmmm...I'm so inspired to start something here in Hawaii!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

_____________________________________________________________________________

© The Good Woman

Permissions:
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not alter the wording in any way and do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on my website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by The Good Woman (Please see email option on sidebar to request permission).


Please include the following statement on any distributed copy written by Sharon Kaufman: By Sharon Kaufman. © The Good Woman. Website: the-good-woman.blogspot.com

Recent Comments

Every Tribe, Nation, Tongue and People...

Occupy Your Time for Christ's Glory!

Sing to Jesus


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

The Good Woman © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOPO