Quips and Quotes
"We do not earn or merit anything by taking refuge in God. Hiding in something makes no contribution to the hiding place. All it does is show that we regard ourselves as helpless and the hiding place as a place of rescue." John Piper

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Trip to Paris

About a month ago my sister and I along with our friend Suqui, visited Paris Flea Market in Livermore (CA.). So much fun!!! The shop is only open once a month for four days from a Thursday evening through the following Sunday. The above photo is of the bicycle that sits outside the store. Of course I did a little Photo Shop Elements magic on it.

Following is how the Paris Flea Market website describes its shop:
Searching estate sales, auctions and an occasional flea market results in an ever-changing inventory of fabulously priced home furnishings, collectibles and accessories. You'll find an eclectic mix of vintage, French country, Paris apartment, cottage, rustic and shabby styles (and once in a while a genuine antique!) with a past.
One of the first displays I visited in the store.

Cute stuff, huh?

I liked this vintage picture.

I'd like to know who occupies this chair after the shop closes.

This sign says it all...

Sweet...

One of the signs in the store itself.

How lovely this vase would be with some luscious pink, sweetly scented David Austin English roses in it.

This is a crib bed-spring re-purposed as a memo holder. Clever...

And a close-up of one of the items on the springs (above).

My good friend Suqui deciding just what it is that she cannot live without.

An old bed headboard re-purposed as one of the signs in the store. Hum.. this gives me an idea.

This is my parent's era. I have photos of my dad that are so similar - minus the gorgeous frame.

I thought about getting these canisters, but decided on something else instead.

The "something else" I decided on was the antique sewing box pictured here (on the right).

I believe this is the headboard that was part of the crib that was re-purposed. Remember the springs in the photo above? In case you cannot read what this says: "A woman is like a tea bag. You don't know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Now this is Paris! Ooh, la, la...

 On the way home with our treasures, anxious to put them in their places. This is just the front of the van. The back was packed with the larger stuff.

Well, its off to Paris again, ladies. Tomorrow the store is open - the first time since May when I took these photos. My sister and I are taking three of our friends with us this time.

Why not visit the Paris Flea Market website for more information and then plan a trip there with some of your friends?

Oh, and by the way, the same women who so creatively run the Paris Flea Market, have another store in Walnut Creek (CA.) called A Room With a Past. It is equally as wonderful. 
 

5 Comments:

Jean said...

Oooh, Sharon! You had me at Paris! Looks like a quaint little shop, and seems like you made away with some pretty trifles!

Judy said...

I think that at some point in the future I will have to plan a trip up to visit you and Kathy and we could visit the Paris Flea Market, and all the other wonderful shopping you have in your area! But the best part of the trip would be to visit with my wonderful sister-in-laws. We miss you!!!

"Chone" said...

I'm so glad you and Kathy went...and took pictures! I've only gone to the Room with a Past (with my sisters, too) in WC. Hmmm.....I think I'm gonna have to convince them to come with me to Livermore. Thanks for Sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

Thank-you so much for that wonderful blog. We all appreciate it sooooo much. Of course we now have to blog your blog!!

I am heading out the door to go to the Paris Flea Market and hope to see you there so I can give you a big hug.

Thanks, again from all the FLEA'S,

Susan (from the Paris Flea Market)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sharon,

Thanks for sharing your photos from the flea market and giving all of us a little bit of Paris taste. I'm enjoying all of the pictures. I'm looking forward in going next year, I have not been in a flea market in years and this one looks very interesting...

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

_____________________________________________________________________________

© The Good Woman

Permissions:
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not alter the wording in any way and do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on my website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by The Good Woman (Please see email option on sidebar to request permission).


Please include the following statement on any distributed copy written by Sharon Kaufman: By Sharon Kaufman. © The Good Woman. Website: the-good-woman.blogspot.com

Recent Comments

Every Tribe, Nation, Tongue and People...

Occupy Your Time for Christ's Glory!

Sing to Jesus


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

The Good Woman © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOPO