Quips and Quotes
"We do not earn or merit anything by taking refuge in God. Hiding in something makes no contribution to the hiding place. All it does is show that we regard ourselves as helpless and the hiding place as a place of rescue." John Piper

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tidy Tip Tuesday - Meatloaf Muffins?

Last week, because of circumstances beyond my control, I was delayed in getting the meatloaf put into the oven. It was a large recipe (2 1/2 pounds of ground beef) and I knew it was going to take at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours to bake, which meant dinner would be too late. So I put on my thinking cap and remembered that I have a very nice ceramic muffin pan (has six recesses). I rarely use it because I just do not do much baking. Anyway, happy that I had not given it away, I pulled it out, filled each recess with enough meatloaf mixture to make a rounded top (like you see below) and popped in into the oven on a cookie sheet to catch any juices that might spill over. The meatloaf muffins only took 45 minutes in the oven and they were moist and delicious.

After having baked meatloaf this way, I am almost sure that I will continue this method. I served only what we would eat and the remaining "muffins" I packaged and put in the freezer. When the time comes to serve meatloaf again, I can take out just as much as we will eat and still have more for another serving at a later time. And my muffin pan will finally be put to good use!

So here's to meatloaf muffins - not exactly what you expect to come out of the oven in a muffin pan, but nevertheless, a very doable way to serve meatloaf.

By the way, this was the best meatloaf I've ever made. It is called Flavors of Thai Meatloaf and you can find the recipe at Franziska's Pantry.



Photobucket  

3 Comments:

~V~ said...

Mmm...looks good Sharon! Did you know Rachael Ray has a Stuffing muffin recipe? Now, it's okay to have "muffins" for dinner. : )

Jann said...

Sharon,

What a GREAT idea for singles that love meatloaf but don't want leftovers for a week! I am lovin' this.......so clever.

Jann

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,
That is a fun way to serve meatloaf. That way there is no waste.
Hope you are doing well.
Love,
Arlene

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

_____________________________________________________________________________

© The Good Woman

Permissions:
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not alter the wording in any way and do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on my website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by The Good Woman (Please see email option on sidebar to request permission).


Please include the following statement on any distributed copy written by Sharon Kaufman: By Sharon Kaufman. © The Good Woman. Website: the-good-woman.blogspot.com

Recent Comments

Every Tribe, Nation, Tongue and People...

Occupy Your Time for Christ's Glory!

Sing to Jesus


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

The Good Woman © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOPO