You can find coffee filters really cheap at the Dollar Tree - 1000 filters for...you guessed it...$1.00. Put them to good use with the following ideas:
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting several coffee filters between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter and use to apply shoe polish.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. - Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter and place through Popsicle sticks.
12. Rather than those expensive strips to wax eyebrows, use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few coffee filters on a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, etc. on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great razor nick fixers.
15. Use to sprout seeds. Dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
16. Blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filter in a phone book.
17. Tie up herbs or peppercorns with plain dental floss for soups and stews.
18. Use to strain bone stock to remove carcass from liquid.
19. Tie up baking soda with plain dental floss in a coffee filter and place in shoes to freshen them.
20. Lavender sachets. Place some lavender on coffee filter and tie with pretty ribbon for the linen closet or dresser drawers.
21. Use as a tea bag. Tie up loose leaf tea with plain dental floss in a coffee filter and steep tea without the mess.
22. Grate cheese onto a coffee filter to save yourself a mess. Pick up the edges of the filter with the cheese inside to add it to desired ingredients.
23. Protect Christmas ornaments. Wrap Christmas ornaments with coffee filters to prevent breakage.